That statement does sound promising and in that line of thought I want to make a few suggestions:
- Disband the Electoral College, let the people's votes count for real, across the whole nation;
- Make voter suppression illegal and punishable, let the power of the people be in every voter's hands;
- Make gerrymandering illegal and punishable, let the voters chose their candidates and not the candidates chose their voters;
- Appoint independent committees to revise the electoral map and make it reflect population densities and not party affiliations.
And while you are at it please:
- do NOT eliminate Obamacare and leave millions of people vulnerable and powerless;
- do NOT reduce Medicare benefits and make millions more helpless;
- do NOT reduce Social Security benefits thus taking away a valuable safety net for those who honestly contributed all their lives;
- do NOT cancel the reduction in the Federal Housing Administration’s annual fee for most borrowers.
Please make "we the people" look forward to the next four years and not just to the quick passing of the next four years.