Well, I would like to post here an "attention all airports" message that I would like all airports to take very seriously. It goes something like this:
Attention all airports:
- please fix the acoustics of all the gate and check-in areas. They all suffer from hideous echo and reverberation problems that render all messages annoyingly unintelligible! Especially when we need them most!
- please install microphone volume controls on all public announcement equipment. All public announcements are made in a "screaming voice" level that simply worsens the poor acoustic conditions of all your concourses.
- please install recorded messages at all your gate and check-in areas. It would solve the poor language skills problems of most airline gate personnel (see my "Attention all airlines" post) and address the "screaming voice" volume problems too.
- please regulate the pressure and flow of all your toilet faucets (taps) so they do not splatter all over your passengers when they try to wash their hands (not their shirts). This is very annoying and unnecessary. It does not require high technology to accomplish this.
- thank you for tolerating me as a passenger.